|what causes miscarriages in early pregnancy|
Described by Dr. Marly Susanti, SpOG that abortion or miscarriage is the cessation of pregnancy before 20 weeks gestation resulted in fetal death. Recurrent miscarriage is the term given when abortion occurs in a row 3 times. Dr. Marly said the overall percentage of abortion incidence ranging from 15-20 % with various causes. People often think that miscarriages in early pregnancy are caused by Toxoplasmosis. Fact confirmed by Dr. Marly, that abortion is not always caused by Toxoplasmosis. Abortion caused by many things such as infection, genetic abnormalities, deformities of the uterus, uterus that opens the door prematurely, the egg is not good, and unhealthy lifestyles.
Major cause of abortion said Dr. Marly is infection. Infection in pregnant women showed a clear relationship with the incidence of recurrent miscarriage is syphilis, parvovirus B19, HIV, toxoplasmosis, herpes virus, cytomegalovirus, Campylobacter sp. , U.urealyticum and malaria. Brusellosis, a zoonotic disease that most often infects humans through unpasteurized dairy products can also cause abortion.
Foods that cause miscarriage in early pregnancy
Basically food poisoning also contributes to miscarriages. The bacterial strains that usually linked to miscarriages are Salmonella, E.Coli, Toxoplasma, and Listeria.
- Listeria bacteria are usually found in unpasteurized cheeses and milk products, deli meats, refrigerated and smoked seafood, refrigerated pate or meat spreads.
- Salmonella can be found in undercooked poultry products, such as, chicken, turkey, and eggs.
- E.Coli are usually hiding in unsanitary food, contaminated water, and unwashed fruits and vegetables.
- Toxoplasma. As I mentioned before, toxoplasmosis are usually mentioned as the cause of miscarriages in early pregnancy. This disease is caused by bacteria called Toxoplasma gondii, which is mostly found in raw meat.
Genetic factors between husband and wife is also said Dr. Marly can lead to impaired fetal growth or embryo which then can lead to abortion. Chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus, both the number and structure of chromosomes abnormalities could become one of the problems. Abortion caused by chromosomal abnormalities can be seen from the results of fetus abortion. For this case, the patient must be tough, because as Dr. Marly affirmed, abortion on chromosomal abnormalities often cannot be overcome. "The solution offered is to adopt a child," she said.
Shape abnormalities of Uterus
Cervical deformity or an anatomic abnormality of reproductive organs of the mother can also lead to recurrent miscarriage. An abnormality of the uterus such as uterine sectional shape, bikornu uterus, and uterine arkuatus is an example. In addition, the presence of myoma ( solid tumors in the uterus ), Asherman's syndrome ( uterine wall attachment ), and weakness in the cervix ( cervical incompetence ) is also said to be one of the causes of abortion.
According to Dr. Marly explanation, abnormal uterine shape will cause the fetus will not stick well so it can cause impaired growth. Ideally, to deal with abortion, allegedly because of anatomical abnormalities, ultrasound examination will be performed. If anatomic abnormalities removed, do a series of checks hormonal factors, immunological or chromosomes.
Uterus that opens the door prematurely
In addition to abnormalities in the shape of the uterus, abortion can also occur when there are abnormalities in the cervix. Abnormalities in the cervix may occur in the form of enlargement of the uterus door. Said Dr. Marly, it can also lead to miscarriage due to enlarged uterus door will make the womb door open. It will make the fetus would not be restrained so it will get out of the womb and that what causes early miscarriage.
Egg cells are Not Good
Neither the age of the sperm or ovum may affect the incidence rate of spontaneous abortion. Every woman is born with the same number of eggs. However, over time, described by Dr. Marly, that the eggs will be reduced quantity and quality. At the age of 30 years, the egg quality will decline. Manifestation of this deterioration could be physical deformities as well as abortion.
Unhealthy lifestyles, such as smoking, drinking alcohol and using drugs can be the cause of recurrent miscarriage. Epidemiological studies on the relationship of smoking and abortion, found that smoking might increase the risk for abortion. However, the relationship between smoking and abortion depends on other factors including alcohol consumption, history of pregnancy, gestational age, fetal chromosomal abnormalities, as well as the socioeconomic status.
7 way to handle abortion
If abortion is often happened to you, it is not necessary to drop your hope nevertheless keep believing that you will get a descent. To get there, Your case of abortion is required treatment first. These following general treatments could help you to treat your case.
1. Evaluation, began when a miscarriage has repeatedly 2 times. Evaluation must be done by a specialist in obstetrics and gynecology.
2. After experiencing abortion, you should delay pregnancy by using condom to complete the evaluation results.
3. Settle down and keep your psychic and emotional under control.
4. Patience and keep checking. Please understand that inspection costs quite a lot and quite expensive.
5. Follow the doctor's therapy well. Therapy is performed in accordance with their respective causes.
6. Examination of chromosomes from both of you and genetic counseling is usually required
7. Stopping of bad habits such as smoking, drinking alcohol and using drugs.